Companionship is vital to a good quality of life. It allows us to talk about challenges, express grief and share the good times. It helps us to thrive.
We offer more than just a friendly face, we want to help you get the most out of your day and enjoy the time you spend with us.
If you’re housebound, have restricted mobility or are recovering from surgery, having some company during the day is particularly important for your health, wellbeing and happiness.
Our Companionship service also provides practical help with anything from preparing a delicious meal to organising appointments, supervising tradespeople and taking in deliveries for you. We’ll even have a go at helping to solve seven down in the crossword!
Whatever you’d like companionship for, we tailor our service to suit your specific requirements.
Some of the activities we often help with include:
- Assisting with reading, puzzles and stimulating mental awareness
- Shopping for food, clothes or other items
- Company while doing crafts or hobbies
- Going with you to collect a pension or visit the bank
- Walking the dog
- Enjoying a chat over a cup of tea
- Using public transport
- Playing cards, scrabble, draughts, etc
- Attending a leisure activity, day service or community centre
- Company and transport for doctor and hospital appointments
If you’d like to find out more about our services, we’d love to hear from you.